I have had a banner year! 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽 Shared this on Facebook earlier this week and realized I should have dropped it here first. 😂 Here are 10 things I am grateful to have accomplished/experienced this year.
- Completed my goal of visiting all 50 states.
2. Completed my second cross country Amtrak coach class adventure totally 24 states in two weeks.
3. Joined Team No Car Note (I like it here)
4. Wrote a Forward for an amazing book by Clinnesha D. Sibley entitled “Serenity Everyday” (Y’all really need to go buy this book https://serenityeveryday.com/)
5. Completed my first VEDA Challenge (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxRv3W4zr8494KyLVSes_t86J5SHuZ_hF)
6. Launched my Patreon community (www.Patreon.com/MartaGwynProductions) and soft launched my production company MartaGwyn Productions.
7. Helped my clients secure well over $2 million in grants and contracts for universities, small businesses and nonprofits (www.askyoungblood.com)
8. Finally locked my hair for my birthday!
9. Attended the Slightly Problematic Take 2 comedy show in Dallas featuring KevOnStage, That Chick Angel and Tahir Moore 😆
10. Directly invested my coins with over 50 Black-owned brands from coffee to apparel and accessories, collectibles, entertainment, groceries, professional services and more. Yes, I buy Black things intentionally.
Marta is an award winning filmmaker, writer and producer committed to sharing the rich and complex stories of America’s Heartland region. Marta wears several hats as Chief Creative-in-Charge of MartaGwyn Productions, LLC as well as the Co-Founder and Senior Grant Writer of Youngblood and Associates, LLC and Chief Operations Officer of Marta Collier Educational Systems and Services, LLC.
Marta is also the founder and editor-in-chief of TheWRITEaddiction. An online community of writers that publish creative and inspirational works daily at www.TheWriteAddiction.com.
Marta is an alumna of The Ohio State University and Tougaloo College with degrees in Sociology and English-Journalism and resides in Little Rock, Arkansas, with her husband and unconventional college sweetheart of 10 years, Terrance Youngblood.