1. I am creative. Therefore, passion fills me and ideas are whispered in my ear at night.
2. It’s not through my own strength and might that I am able to handle or manage it all. Therefore, let me surrender so that my steps may be ordered every day.
3. I can’t take it with me when I die…not my house, my job, my car, my title, my earthly body, not even my Facebook page. Therefore, let me find my true purpose and calling. Let me not miss the important stuff obsessing over what I cannot take with me…
4. I will just keep learning the same old lesson. Therefore, let me stop going back to bump my head on metal doors left ajar. (I don’t need any concussions.)
5. I am responsible for my own happiness. Therefore, let me stop issuing the “happiness rubric” to people I share space with.
6. I am unfinished. Therefore, my eyes stay open and so does my heart.
7. I am human. Therefore, I will take a walk by myself until I return to myself.
8. I am but a vapor. Therefore, let me tell you today that I love you.
Clinnesha is a writer, wife, mom, meta-artist, and social entrepreneur. Her work is at the intersection of arts, culture, innovation, and community.