Many of us have big dreams and desires but lack the discipline to accomplish them. When I trained for the marathon, it took a lot of discipline to run 5 days a week. Just saying I wanted to run a marathon and even registering for the race, weren’t going to get the job done. It would take months of disciplined training.
Some helpful tips for exercising discipline are:
- Develop a realistic plan of action.
- Set deadlines for each goal.
- Be mentally prepared for difficult days.
- Choose someone you can be accountable to.
- Schedule time in your calendar to work on your goals.
- Do something everyday. Don’t allow too much time to pass between your actions.
- Celebrate your wins.
Discipline requires consistent action. What action can you commit to today?
~Coletta Jones Patterson
*Coletta is an author, life strategist, and business executive who is passionate about helping others get unstuck. Her latest book, “Beyond Stuck: Creating the Life You Want”, is available on Amazon. To connect with Coletta email email@example.com.