When I think of independence, I think of all the freedoms we enjoy because lots of people sacrificed for us to have them. We are able to live our dreams because we live in a country that allows us to pursue happiness.
However, many of us will never fully enjoy freedom because we are held captive to our fears, insecurities, and negative thoughts. As you reflect on Independence Day, free yourself from the weights that have you bound.
- Identify your “weight”.
- Discover why the weight is holding you back from experiencing life.
- Think about the “worse case scenario” of what could happen if you no longer have the weight holding you back.
- Think about the “best case scenario” of what could happen if you no longer have the weight holding you back.
- What do you believe will happen when you release the weight?
- Focus on the “best case scenario” and see yourself free.
- Release the weight which may involve several steps. But start by verbally releasing it.
Enjoy your Independence Day and know a life of freedom and fulfillment awaits you!
~Coletta Jones Patterson