The Daily Health Post put out an article that says those who complain chronically, retrain their brains to be anxious and depressed. An easy and natural cure is to reverse the negativity with positivity. We can intentionally find the good in situations and limit our complaints. According to the article, “Negative thinking reinforces neuropathways associated with that emotion, eventually making it an automatic reaction.” This can be said for any repetitive thought. So the good news is you can train your brain to think positive and live a happier, less stressful life by not complaining.
Here are some easy ways to incorporate positivity into your life:
- Make a gratitude list everyday. It can include 3-5 things for which you are thankful.
- Think of a goal you have accomplished in the last week or month and give yourself a pat on the back and celebrate.
- For every negative thought that enters your mind, replace it with a positive one.
- Surround yourself with positive, forward-thinking people.
- Make a list of things that bring you joy and do one of them every day.
*Coletta is an author, business executive, life/business coach and speaker who is passionate about helping others go beyond stuck. Her latest book, “Beyond Stuck: Creating the Life You Want” is available on Amazon.com.