My husband always says, “If you’re not moving forward, you’re moving backward. There’s really no standing still.” Take a moment and consider if you are moving forward or backward. Are you making choices that are propelling you forward and allowing you to grow? Or are you going with the flow, not being intentional about moving forward>
Growth doesn’t just happen on its own. You must be intentional about it.
1. It takes discipline and consistency in your actions.
2. It requires cheering yourself on when you’re discouraged.
3. It takes being accountable to someone and frequently assessing your progress.
4. It requires having a vision and meditating on the end result.
5. It takes setting small goals and going after them.
Are there areas in which you are growing? The opposite of growth is death. Are there areas you need to revive and move forward? You can start fresh today!
~Coletta Jones Patterson
Coletta is an author, life coach, business executive and weekly blogger. Connect with Coletta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Check out more inspirational articles here: https://thewriteaddiction.com/transformative-thursdays/