It’s been a good while since I had a good fight, unless you count the wrestling match I have daily when trying to dress my toddler. The truth is I don’t have the energy to put up much of a fight at longer. I’ve got other things to worry about.
But recently, a fight broke out in my vicinity, and instead of running in the other direction, I jumped right on in. We’re early in the battle, but i’ve made just a few observations already.
1) I should have warmed up first. I’m a little rusty. A few stretches would have done me some good.
2) I am not afraid to take a punch. Nobody likes to be on the receiving end of a body blow, but nobody leaves a good fight unscathed. So i’m dodging when I can, but i’m fully prepared to leave with a few bruises.
3) There are some really great songs about fighting. Here are a few of my favorites.
4) Fighting is exhausting. There’s no other way to put it. If you’re putting all your energy in to fighting, (which I strongly suggest you do, if you are fighting,) you will have little to no energy for other projects, so get your ducks in a row, before the match.
5) Make sure it’s worth it. Most fights are senseless, and can and should be worked out without exchanging punches. If, however, the fight is unavoidable, make sure you really believe in the cause. It’ll give you that extra boost you need to continue on.
Fight the good fight, my friends.