According to research*, you can develop the skill to be happier in life. How amazing is that? Happiness is not based on your situation or what happens to you in life. Happiness is found in some very basic principles that we can apply to our lives and watch our “happiness tank” stay full.
- Positive Thinking – be grateful, optimistic and aware of your surroundings. Thinking more positively is a choice YOU get to make every day. List things you are grateful for every day.
- Social Connection – nurture positive relationships and be in community with others. We were not created to be alone. Get connected to others in meaningful relationships that add value to your life.
- Managing the Negative – reduce stress, forgive others and be resilient. Negativity is all around us, but you don’t have to entertain it. If you fail, get back up and try again.
- Living in the Moment – find joy in everything. Learn to enjoy life and savor even the smallest of things. Enjoy coffee with a friend, relax with your spouse and enjoy a movie. Slow down and enjoy life. Be present and resist the urge to always be looking at what’s to come.
- Achievement – Have goals and pursue them. Find your purpose, mission and meaning in life. Identify what get’s you going and go after that. Celebrate your victories and milestones.
~Coletta Jones Patterson
*Principles found in The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky.
I’d love to connect with you as a personal development coach helping you create the life you were born to live. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s begin!