Can you forgive someone easily? Do you hold grudges? Do you replay the incident that hurt you so badly over and over in your head. Do you ever talk about the betrayal you have felt from a friend or loved one? What steps do you take to achieve reconciliation? What steps do you take to have inner peace?
- Admit that forgiveness is a hard task to achieve. Own the fact that you struggle with this concept daily.
- Rely on the spiritual foundation you have built in your life. Understand and read the importance of the Biblical concept of forgiveness. Learn to LET GO!
- Decide today to apply principle number two of letting go. Place yourself in those shoes of those you cannot forgive. How would you feel if someone continued to hold a grudge against you.
- Take time to write out all the people you have a problem forgiving. Also write out the reasons why you are holding grudges. Read them aloud. Ask yourself if the reasons make sense.
- Give the issue of not being able to forgive to God. Ask a true friend to help you evaluate yourself during this self inventory.
- Prepare yourself for God’s movement in this issue.
Come by next week for the next six steps. The first six are sometimes easier said than done but are very much attainable when we put our minds to it.